Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Ups & Downs of Owning your own Business

This is definitely going to be a more personal post, just an FYI.

Most days I absolutely LOVE owning my own business. But it definitely can have its drawbacks, some of which rared their ugly heads this week.

I'm not sure what kind of illness hit our family over the last week, but it's been vicious & drawn out. Everyone had completely different symptoms, and other than my oldest (knock on wood), everyone has fallen victim to it.

We've spent the week pretty much quarantined in the house, and now we are all going absolutely frickin stir crazy!

Our youngest should be heading back to school tomorrow. My middle one, I'm not sure yet, cuz he still has a really nasty cough. My oldest is homeschooled, and yeah, with this chaos, he's hardly gotten anything done this week.

And work. Wow. Yeah, I'm behind. Not on orders. But my normal to do list, ages behind. I was able to sneak down there for a little bit a couple days ago, and get the time sensitive orders out the door. I have a couple more that I'm hoping to finish up after the kids have gone to sleep for tonight, so they can ship tomorrow.


So I've been more than a little out of touch for the last week. I think I have gotten caught up on all our emails, convos, messages, etc. But if I've missed you, let me know. While I'm not sick any more, taking care of three other sick people has left me exhausted & scatterbrained. I suspect it will still be fairly chaotic for another few days, then craziness on Monday working to get orders caught up to ship out on time. So be patient with me!

Thanks! Love you guys!!!

Lindsay

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin