And because those dark & frustrating times ALWAYS look better with a little laughter, I want to leave this with you....
- Attending a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered to her mother, "Why is the bride dressed in white?" The mother replied, "Because white is the color of happiness, and today is the happiest day of her life." The child thought about this for a moment then said, "So why is the groom wearing black?"
- A little girl, dressed in her Sunday best, was running as fast as she could, trying not to be late for bible class. As she ran she prayed, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late! Dear Lord, please don't let me be late!" While she was running and praying, she tripped on a curb and fell, getting her clothes dirty and tearing her dress. She got up, brushed herself off, and started running again. As she ran she once again began to pray, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late.... But please don't shove me either!"
- A police recruit was asked during the exam, "What would you do if you had to arrest your own mother?" He answered, "Call for backup."
- This one is true in our house..... A Sunday School teacher discussed the Ten Commandments with her five & six year olds. After explaining the commandment to 'Honor they father and they mother,' she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?" Without missing a beat, one little boy answered, "Thou shall not kill."
And from my own children....
- This past Sunday, my boys learned about creation and Adam & Eve in their Sunday School classes. We like to talk about what they've learned so that we can help them retain some of that knowledge. We asked our boys, "Who were the first people created on the Earth?" Our 7 year old piped up, "Eve!" We said, "Good job! Who else was created along with Eve?" Our 6 year old chimed in, "Wally!" ...Um.... I think our kids may be watching too many Disney Pixar movies! LOL! So now you all know, that if Walt Disney had created the Earth, the first two beings would have been named Wally & Eve.